fc6 sshd woes

Hi all,

I'm experiencing authentication delays when ssh'ing into a new fc6 install.

This new install is on a network with other fc4 boxes. From the fc6 box to all the others is OK. Between the fc4 boxes is OK. *SSH* into the fc6 box has a delay of 40 to 50 seconds after the password until it gives a prompt. At first I thought it was dns because that's about two dns timeouts, but using sshd in debug mode I see that from the point from when the password is submitted there is a series of 5 pauses, each of about 9 seconds.

I've compared the session information between an fc4 box and this fc6 one, and the only difference seems to be that the fc6 box tries several other auth techniques before pam.

I note that the /etc/pam.d/sshd files are very different between fc4 and fc6.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
:m)