Re: yum-updatesd: error getting update info: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Esteban Xandri wrote:
After a DVD upgrade from FC5 to FC6, I installed yum-updatesd, in order
to let puplet keep notifying about updates. So far I had no luck.
1st I had to apply the patch from Bug 212934, to make puplet visible.
Then I started to receive the error of the subject in /var/log/messages.
Right now I can confirm that updates are available (yum check-updates
from terminal), but puplet shows no change at all (even after forcing a
"Refresh")
Can anyone tell me the steps necessary to make puplet works in an
upgraded FC6?
Thanks in advance

Have you updated the bug report with your results?

Rahul