Re: Problem between Webcam Logitech Pro 4000's microphone and sound card Intel 82801BA AC'97 Audio.

Vinicius escreveu:
Ric Moore escreveu:
On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 01:48 -0300, Vinicius wrote:
Ric Moore escreveu:
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 10:31 -0300, Vinicius wrote:
Hello,

The sound card is always on.

When the webcam is on, the volume control shows only microphone control and there is no option to change to the sound card.

When the webcam is off, the system recognizes the sound card, so it's displayed at volume control, that way I can hear sound.

Any ideas to solve this issue, please?
I've not had my webcam work since the latest kernel 2200
How do you get yours to work? Ric

Hello,

I been using the pwc driver with success on FC5, but until now I haven't success to build the driver again on FC6.

That's maddening. Like you I could build the module with no sweat before
and now it refuses to build with some problem in the kernel, I think.
Not sure though. Ric

In the pwc's mailing list says the version 10.0.12 is inside the kernel 2.6.18.

But I don't know how to use it, yet.

Cheers,
Vinicius.

From the PWC's mailing list (tip from Luca Capello):

1. Check if it's compiled by default:
=====
$ grep PWC /boot/config-2.6.18*
CONFIG_USB_PWC=m
# CONFIG_USB_PWC_DEBUG is not set
=====

2. Depending of the CONFIG_USB_PWC value: if it's 'y' the driver is
compiled into the kernel and so it's always available (no need to
insert the module).

If it's 'm' (which is normally the mostly seen situation for kernel
prepared by different GNU/Linux distributions), the module should be
load (manually by you or by udev, for example).  Thus, when you plug
in the webcam, insert the module as root:

    modprobe pwc

Then check the dmesg (or syslog) output to be sure it was correctly
loaded and it has recognized your webcam.

3. the output of dmesg:
"
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
pwc: Philips webcam module version 10.0.12 loaded.
pwc: Supports Philips PCA645/646, PCVC675/680/690, PCVC720[40]/730/740/750 & PCVC830/840. pwc: Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech Quickcams, Samsung MPC-C10 and MPC-C30, pwc: the Creative WebCam 5 & Pro Ex, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-UC300 and VCS-UM100.
pwc: Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
pwc: Registered as /dev/video0.
usbcore: registered new driver Philips webcam
usbcore: registered new driver snd-usb-audio
"

So, the webcam is properly installed and is not causing conflict with the sound system.

Cheers,
Vinicius.