Re: skypemate

On Saturday 04 November 2006 20:20, Thufir wrote:
>some, not all, skype hardware can work with linux, apparently.
><http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8592> gives some info on skypemate.
>I've also seen skype phones, which connect to the USB port, which
>advertise skypemate.
>
>Any personal experience?
>
>I hate the proprietary nature of the skype network, but it might be
>easiest to set up.
>

>-Thufir

Its extremely easy to setup, all you need is skype, an audio card you can
dedicate to its use, and a $15 headset with an attached boom mic.  If you
don't have any audio but the default, I think you may have to shut any
audio servers using it down for the duration of the call. However I've
used it without doing that on my lappy, with FC5 installed.

Basicly you want to hear everything, but only send whats set for capture
and do it without that channel being heard in the phones.  And you'll have
to turn on the +20 db mic gain switch in your audio config screen.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)