Re: mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Steve Searle wrote:

Around 02:13am on Saturday, November 04, 2006 (UK time), Tim scrawled:

It's just another form of internet racism, with all the problems that
racism has always had:  Ignorance causing harm to others.  Entire top
level domains (or countries, or services, etc.) get discriminated
against, because of the actions of some.  And the "I doesn't cause
problems for me" attitude (i.e. "I am unaware of any problems, so I
think that there are none") allowing it to continue to cause harm to
others.

Why do you think anyone has a right that means I must read, or even
receive email they send to me?  I am entitled to ignore any email I
choose, no matter how irrational the basis for rejecting it.

hehe the greet msg on a couple of our private servers says:

220-This is a private network we do NOT have to accept email from you.
220-Multiple anti-spam measures in use.
220 MailScanner silently discards spam amd viruses.

I wanted to put that on the end user/hosting machines but that might be pushing it :)

If this is not true, do you propose that someone must read any email
sent to them?

Steve

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd