Re: fc6 install fail on HP ProLiant ML320 G4

Hi,

I made some progress with my problem with the G3, which seems related to this thread. If I install with "linux noprobe" I can get to the installation screen with the only small problem that there is no Hard Disk to install to... I tried some of the other driver for RAID but either the system hangs (with the AHCI that anaconda consider the proper one) or there is no HD. I have no idea what exactly is the Adaptec that this machine has but it seems that probably we need a DD disk from HP or something like that. This is my case as I have two disk in a RAID 1 configuration, maybe with only one HD and disbling the RAID from the BIOS it will work with no driver or with one of the other, I didn't try yet.

GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni                     | Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi - CNR
E-Mail: gianpiero.puccioniATisc.cnr.it | Via Madonna del Piano, 10