Re: fc6 install fail on HP ProLiant ML320 G4

Dario Lesca wrote:
I don't know how to install FC through ILO:
I put the cdrom and boot.

I'll warn you: Once you've tried installing through ILO,
you can't live without it :-)

Basically what ILO (Integrated Lights-Out) does is that it grabs
your screen, keyboard, mouse, powerbutton, CDROM drive, and floppy drive
and transmit it to a java applet running in a browser on another PC.

You'll need an extra netcable connected to the ILO port on the machine,
and you'll need an extra IP number.

You can set up a machine in New Zealand, fly to Italy, turn
the machine on via the network and do all
the installation (incl. swapping CD's) from there.

However, some machines with ILO needs an upgrade (an extra license
code) in order to run the video in graphics mode, which is what
you'll need in order to do the graphics installation.

There could be issues with USB and mouse that prevents you from
doing a "normal" installation in graphics mode, that's why I suggest
that you try the ILO install. Maybe even starting the vnc install
from ILO can make a difference in this case, if your ILO doesn't do
graphics.

I use it often to reboot our mail machine (ML370 G3) in the evening when
it has received a kernel upgrade. The machine would come up without
network because the NIC driver has to be rebuild with the new kernel
source. I can do this from home via ILO because this runs on a
separate NIC.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@xxxxxx Homepage: http://www.crc.dk