This is a weird one

I was installing lots of different version of OSen on my system to compare behaviors
and I had one version picked to be the master with grub on the MBR, in all the others
I installed grub in the boot sector of each OS's /boot partition.

After I did yum updates for the i386 FC6 OS (which was not the master,
but one of the ones with grub in the boot sector), the MBR version of grub
wound up corrupted in the strangest way.

It would get through the post screen, print just the word "GRUB", then start
looping, sending screen dumps to the printer port over and over again (I have
a dozen or so pages that came out before I removed the paper :-).

You can perhaps add this to the list of mysterious problems folks have had
with FC6 (re-installing grub from "linux resuce" seemed to fix things, and the
problem has not happened again).

Anyone ever seen grub do screen dumps to the printer like this? Seems like
pretty complicated behavior to be a random corruption.