Re: FC 5 can't fine CDROM during installation - Core 2 DUO motherboard

>" I have only used 1 cd rom in ide connector, and I tried setting it master or slave, and the hard drive 200g sata, same thing happened. > .... FC6 went well to the end and asked for 2nd CD! I tried FC5 in same machine again, it just could not find the CDROM ! Now I believe that versions before FC6 ( In Fedora family) may have proble with Core 2 DUO motherboards, and in MS windows anything before XP ( even in XP may have some application problems - but I can prove) may have compatibility problem as well. Seems now only FC6 and Vista can install into this machine without problem, I am going to download the entire set of FC6 to try this machine out and might post my new findings.

I don't think it has anything to do with the motherboard or core duo. I had the same problem with one of my boxes, an ASUS mb with P4. I eventually got around it by removing the IDE cdrom and using a SCSI CD/DVDrom. I had the same problem with an IBM THinkpad T40. I got around that by using a PXE boot and a tftp server on the Asus box.

The problem is somewhere in kudzu or anaconda. probably the latter and probably has something to do with the re-mapping of the hardware during the transfer from the initial ram based boot image to the 'real' hardware based image.

--
             R. Geoffrey Newbury

       Helping with the HTTP issue