FC6 Install No go :(

please help!

I always get

"db4 error   run database recovery"

this happens in various places.  Sometimes after installing perl, sometimes after ncurse.  As a result, no bootloader was installed (hangs there).  I mounted in rescue mode and found that no kernel was installed.  This is understandable because the db4 error occured earlier on and affect installation of the packages following it.

i was successful in select a minimal install "base system" and got just the character console.  I'm tempted to start an rpm loop to install all packages but I think I'd be missing the usual routines performed by anaconda.

is there any hope for me?  I love the FC6 compile option for performance but it seems i'm out of options.  I've tried so many variations of installation and numerous trickery but still no go.

i guess i could restart the minimal install, install X, then minimal KDE/GNOME and anaconda then add packages.  Any help on how to go about this?

This is an IBM NetVista 6833-61U      768MB RAM