Re: Update mirror http://ftp.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/fedora/core/updates/6/$ARCH/ fails

James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It has the disadvantage that you will connect to servers that are
> further away from you, which may increase download time.

Better to increase download time somewhat, than having no download at all,
which often happens when there is only one mirror in a country. Happened to
me in Sweden, where falkor.skane.se was (is?) almost always busy.

I added country=global to the relevant URLs, and the problem disappeared as
expected.

Regards
Ingemar