Re: FC 5 can't fine CDROM during installation - Core 2 DUO motherboard

I have only used 1 cd rom in ide connector, and I tried setting it master or slave, and the hard drive 200g sata, same thing happened.
Exactly the same system configuration, can only install XP into it (XP could recognize the CDROM ), but there was another strange thing, xp only could recognize 130 gb out of this 200g, and could finish the entire installation.
And I tried with beta Vista, it could recognize the entire 200gb of the hard drive.
The symptoms is that ;
To boot up from CDROM with FC5, Win98 boot up floppy, when start loading the CDROM driver, the process just couldn't find the CDROM and stopped loading the driver (Win98 boot floppy showed that).
2 hours ago, I downloaded the 1st CD of FC6 and I installed it, FC6 went well to the end and asked for 2nd CD! I tried FC5 in same machine again, it just could not find the CDROM !
Now I believe that versions before FC6 ( In Fedora family) may have proble with Core 2 DUO motherboards, and in MS windows anything before XP ( even in XP may have some application problems - but I can prove) may have compatibility problem as well.
Seems now only FC6 and Vista can install into this machine without problem, I am going to download the entire set of FC6 to try this machine out and might post my new findings.

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 09:39 -0800, Barry Yu wrote:
> During installation, the install CD booted up in CD ROM, Installation
> Method was Local CDROM, up to this point, got message; Unable to find
> any devices of the type needed for this installation type. Would you
> like to manually select your device or a driver disk?
> The system is with Core 2 DUO E6400 cpu, this happened to both Intel
> DG965WH and ASUS P5B Deluxe.Both mother board were with Intel RAID
> controller.

You might want to, also, say how your CD-ROMs are connected and set up.

I've seen similar problems on a system with an Atapi Zip drive,
installers would stuff-up trying to use it as the CD-ROM. Also, I've
seen similar problems when people have master/slave jumpers set
incorrectly.

I read messages from the public lists.