Re: FC6: can't print to USB HP printer

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:48:34AM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
>> Do you remember how it was configured under FC5?  It might be that you
>> were using HPLIP.  If you install the 'hplip' package (if not already
>> installed), and start it if not already running (service hplip start),
>> and then create a new queue, does that work?  Be sure to select the
>> device that says 'HPLIP' in the name.
>
> Thanks guys for the suggestions. However, it turns out that my printer
> decided to go faulty at coincidentally the same time as I installed FC6.
> It works for a few minutes, then disappears off the USB horizon. A power
> cycle gives it a few more minutes.
>
> Still, it would be nice if CUPS actually gave a *useful* error message for
> once in its life :-(
>
> --

sorry, just saw this thread right now. I had problems with my psc-750,
printing some documents, some not.

This was depending on the stream, the cups server got. I resolved this in
commenting out in /etc/cups/mime.convs and mime.types one of the last
lines having application-stream-octet raw. this made it working. it was
not because of faulty usb-handling.

Perhaps you give it a try, do not forget to restart cups before using it ;-)

Rog