Re: yum prob on lappy

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 09:21, Craig White wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 09:49 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Over the weekend I tried to drag out my lappy and update it, getting
>> ready to upgrade to FC6, its currently FC5, but about 2 weeks out of
>> date.
>>
>> To make a long story shorter, what with editing the repo addresses,
>> putting fedoraproject.org in where downloads-redhat.com was due to the
>> repo or mirroring failures, I now have a __.000db file that when I shut
>> it down yesterday, was a zero length file and both yumex and smart
>> package manager were spitting out terminal tummy aches over it.  An
>> 'rpm --rebuilddb' also fails, as does an "rpm --initdb"
>>
>> Humm, now this morning, its back to complaining about an "invalid
>> baseurl for core".
>>
>> As that _000.db file seems to be missing now, and its not bitching
>> about it ATM, whats the next step here?, I've been out of the loop
>> since last wednesday, out on the road.  So if its been posted, whats
>> the subject line?
>
>----
>try removing the # (commenting out) the baseurl
>in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo

I've been trying to edit that and have it thoroughly fubared.

If I can't restore what was there, and amanda doesn't try to track that
lappy, what is the correct contents for the "mirrorlist=" line in
fedora-core.repo?

Where can I download a replacement for the contents of /etc/yum.repos.d?
I've had google searching for it, but all it can seem to find is the livna
setup instructions.  They seem to be fine.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)