yum prob on lappy

Greetings;

Over the weekend I tried to drag out my lappy and update it, getting ready
to upgrade to FC6, its currently FC5, but about 2 weeks out of date.

To make a long story shorter, what with editing the repo addresses, putting
fedoraproject.org in where downloads-redhat.com was due to the repo or
mirroring failures, I now have a __.000db file that when I shut it down
yesterday, was a zero length file and both yumex and smart package manager
were spitting out terminal tummy aches over it.  An 'rpm --rebuilddb' also
fails, as does an "rpm --initdb"

Humm, now this morning, its back to complaining about an "invalid baseurl
for core".

As that _000.db file seems to be missing now, and its not bitching about it
ATM, whats the next step here?, I've been out of the loop since last
wednesday, out on the road.  So if its been posted, whats the subject
line?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)