Re: Livna ATI driver and Compiz

2006/10/26, redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi
Having some issues with this. I installed kmod-fglrx, ran aticonfig --
initial then ati-fglrx-config-display enable. I can get compiz to
work. I keep getting the "Desktop Effects could not be enable"
message.

Hi,

see:
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/node/1797

aiglx work only with radeon driver (ati open source driver)

an example of Xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "atiradeon"                 # your alias
Driver "radeon"
Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
# XAA/EXA

Option "AccelDFS"    "1"
Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,AUTO"
Option "GARTSize" "64"
Option "EnablePageFlip" "1"
Option "ColorTiling" "1"
Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
Option      "UseFastTLS" "0"
EndSection

fine....!

bye

luca

--
Il termine Hacker
Gli hacker sono delle persone dedicate all'elevato ideale di rendere