Re: kermit?

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 04:36:26PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> So I guess bundling kermit died in FC6 due to license
> issues. Anyone happen to know which of the gazillion targets
> in the kermit source code makefile is a good one to use for
> building on FC6 (I'd assume one of the redhat targets is
> pretty close).
>
> All my scripts for ssh'ing around the world are written
> in kermit, gotta get it back :-).

Not using FC6, so I may be wrong, but generally just do "make linux"
for kermit on any modern linux. If that produces problems, and you
are able to troubleshoot/solve them, please pass the changes along
to the kermit project.

What are the license issues you speak of? Columbia changed the kermit
license a few years ago to allow distributors to package c-kermit in
their distributions, has something changed?

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------