Re: digital camera Q

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 24 October 2006 12:19, Robin Laing wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 03:54, Tim wrote:

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 01:24 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

A neighbor came up tonight with a canon powershot A10 in hand

I normally get a new SD card for my camera (Pentax) and put the stick
into my computer and then format it and put a label on it.  Put it into
the camera and go shoot pictures.  I don't like using the camera as it
kills the batteries much faster.  Also if the camera goes into power
saving mode, I could corrupt the card.

I have three cards for my camera at this time.  I have filled up two
cards in a single day of shooting some events, as a hobby.

And you have a pronounced limp from carrying all those AA batteries I assume?

--
Robin Laing

I have started to use 15 minute Rayovac rechargables. They will do a lot of pictures between replacements on a full charge. I think it is 600 plus. I usually only need two sets of batteries, depending on the amount of times I need to use the flash. The 15 minute batteries last longer than normal AA's.

Doing this lead to a quick lesson in using ImageMagik to do some basic modifications such as rotate on a directory of images as I normally just provide the raw photos to those that requested them. I only rotate the images.

--
Robin Laing