Re: digital camera Q

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 10:49, Chris Mohler wrote:
>> Unforch, I don't hardly have some more of a flash card reader here, so
>> I was stuck with the usb cable.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
>> It's the usb_mass_storage that walks around in my Olympus so well.
>
>I've had to use my camera to read flash cards from other devices
>before.  For one, a digital audio recorder.  Of course, they have to
>use the same type of memory, but if your camera acts like mass
>storage, you can see whatever files/sytem present on the card - even
>if the camera itself shows nothing.
>
>Chris

Unforch, its a different style of memory card, about 1/8" thick with hidden
contacts, where the one in my Olympus is maybe .020" thick with open
contacts.  Every camera has to have its own customized memory stick format
to capture the aftermarket sale you know.  Jerks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)