Re: with recent kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5, ACPI: Invalid PBLK length [5] error warning

Tim wrote:
Tim:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 1
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1600.124
cache size      : 256 KB

James Wilkinson:
In which case, despite having the "ht" flag, it's only got "one
hyperthreading sibling", which is as near to "doesn't do hyperthreading"
as makes no difference.

Ok, thanks for that.  I didn't have a great deal of luck trying to work
out which CPUs had which features.

All "ht" proves is that it's got the structures to find out how many
logical processors there are per physical core (in this case, one).

Doesn't sound very practical, in this case.

So, just for the sake of curiosity, since I don't have one of those
motherboards, hyper-threading with it would require a motherboard with
two separately socketed CPUs?

Technically that would be multi-processing. Sorry for jumping in late.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749