Re: OT DHCP-DDNS question

bryan@xxxxxxxxxxx:
Bryan Hepworth wrote but not in plain text, the cardinal sin,

Compounded by minature text.  Why is it that every HTML mail I
receive uses fleaspeck tiny text?

The real question is why did he use HTML for the mailing list.

Simple mistake.  And it was a multipart/alternative message that
contained both a text/plain and a text/html part.

And yes, I usually have to use a magnifying glass to read HTML
formatted mail.

Another valid question to me is why can't Evolution be told to prefer
text/plain to text/html when it encounters a multipart/alternative
message?

OK I tried to repent of my heinous crime of posting in HTML by following it
up with a reply in plain text. Sorry peeps it was an accident, please forive
me...

Back to my original question.

I came across a better article explaining dhcrelay that is on the lines of what I thought it would do. http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/05/15/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=last

From what you're saying Tim it's better to have a DHCP and DNS server on
each segment and having that update the main DNS box. I was just thinking that the relay one might have been simpler but I guess not in reality. It's not that I have a vast amount of machines to configure at all, I was just looking for the most elegant painless solution.

Bry