Hanging GUI

Okay everyone, I have a really odd problem. I have a FC box that's simply not bringing up a full login GUI. It's defaulted to GNOME, but for some reason that I can't find it's just showing a blue screen with a rotating hourglass.

Now, the system itself has had a working GUI for quite a while until this last reboot. I'm not totally upset over the lack of GUI since it's a server, but is there a way to restart GUI? I can't find xdm or gdm to restart, so I'm lost on this.

Or, even better, is there a way to force this box to boot to runlevel 3 instead of 5? I've never done that before, so I'm not sure the easiest way to do it in FC.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator