Re: Problems with iPod

Sometimes the simple solutions are best. Way back at the start of this
thread we determined that my nano's SysInfo was empty, a "feature" of
the newer iPods, and Jamie Wellnitz said that he had similar problems
until he copied an older SysInfo file from a working iPod onto his new
Nano, changing the S# to match his nano. I didn't have a chance to do
any work on the laptop this weekend, my wife threatened to leave me if
I so much as touched it, came in this morning, tried Jamie's
suggestion for want of something else to do while catching up on my
email, started Amerok, and was finally able to manage my iPod. I
haven't had a chance yet to see if gtkpod works as well, but so long
as I can use Amerok together with my iPod I'm a happy camper.

Thanks to Jamie, Todd, Chris et al for all their suggestions and help.
I learned a few new tricks along the way.

Cheers

ED