Re: PPPOE config problem at boot

On 10/21/06, gary <garys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You might try going to = System > Network ( configuration) > Edit.
At - Automatically obtain IP settings......... see if you are on dhcp or
bootp. (Directions for gnome)   Try bootp  - though I have no experience
with cable - only dsl.  Check the advanced tab also = idle time out and
restart if connection dies.     --------gary

--

Thanks for the quick reply.
"Automatically obtain IP address settings with:" was set to dialup. I

In the Advanced tab, "Allow dial on demand" and "Restart if connection
dies" were unchecked. I checked them one at a time and rebooting each
time, but I didn't have any luck.

Please Help.

Regards,
OSRIC XAVIER FERNANDES