Re: Flash Player 9 Beta for Linux Is Available

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 07:56:14PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 19/10/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On 10/19/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> That's what happens to Fx when you have too many extensions installed.
> >> Which extensions have you?
> >
> >Define "too many extensions".
>
> For me, Fx startss slowing down after Add Bookmarks Here, All-In-One
> Gestures, All-In-One Sidebar, Customize Google, Hebrew Language Pack,
> FlashBlock, JS View, Mouseless Browsing, SearchStatus, and Web
> Developer are installed. Of course, I install five or six other
> extensions, too. This machine has a 1.3 gHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.

As the OP I'll throw in here what extns I've got:
DOM INspector
Gmail Notifier
All-in-One Gestures
User Agent Switcher
Print Image
Crash Recovery
URL Link
Talkback

And the slowness I spoke of is anything but gradual as more things are
added. When the flash 9 plugin is accessible to Firefox and I browse
to a site with ANY flash on the page the thing suddenly becomes like
molasses climbing a hill in January. I've finally removed the flash 9
plugin from Firefox so the browser would be usable.

I first noticed it when using the Firefox 1.5.0.7 that yum brings down
from the Centos repositories. I tried it with an older 1.5.0.4 I had
installed separately and at first I thought it was better, but then
it began crawling too so I finally removed it.

It works fine in Konqueror, though, so I'm not left flashless.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                        The Lord is like a strong tower.