Re: Flash Player 9 Beta for Linux Is Available

On 19/10/06, fredex <fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've already posted this to the bug reporter at adobe:

Works nicely for me with Konqueror (on Centos 4.4). Works not so nicely with Firefox 1.5.0.7.
Which isn't to say it doesn't work, it's just,... odd. Playing a .swf file
on my local hard drive by doing "open | file" in Firefox works fine. Browsing
to a web sitre with flash files on it is weird: Firefox gets horirbly slow,
has trouble rendering the page fully, may lag for many seconds (or even minutes)
before starting the video. Switching to another desktop and back seems to
expedite things, but hititng the BACK arrow or attempting to close the browser
is also extrmeely slow. Once Flash starts playing, though, flash itself seems
to work fine, i t's just the Firefox browser that seems to be very slow.

anybody else seen this?

That's what happens to Fx when you have too many extensions installed.
Which extensions have you?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bluetooth.html
http://fedoranewbie.com