Re: /boot partition mislabeled on last reinstall - need advice on how to fix

On Mon October 16 2006 2:58 am, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Reboot with rescue disk or Knoppix, relable the desired
> partitions for example with tune2fs, and modify your /etc/fstab
> before rebooting into your old system. Is this what you meant?

I tend to complicate the simple.
Two questions that I can't answer satisfactorily:
1) Presumably, I would have to copy the current contents of /boot
which is mounted at sda3 to sda1 /boot1 at some point? If so, I
suppose this is no big deal except, what's the sequence? Copy
first, then relabel? (Pardon me if the answer is painfully
obvious - There's still some unresolved confusion on my mind on
the relationship between labels, file systems, and mount points)

2) I know that first was really about three questions, but,
anyhow, what about Grub? When I reboot, are things going to just
work? Don't I have to get some info into whatever is written into
the MBR that grub.conf is now located at sda1/boot and not
sda3/boot?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA