Re: No Sectors left of 120GB Drive

Wouter Lamée wrote:
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:
On Thursday 05 October 2006 21:18, jdow wrote:
From: "Tim" <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au>
Speaking of Amigas, have you got Fedora to read any Amiga FFS hard
drives, or even Zip discs?  I've got a hankering to transfer some old
data onto Fedora, and I'd rather not have to try getting Samba working
with Miami over a serial port link.  Ugh, torture!
Of course, there is even an Amiga SFS driver available if you look
for it. It reads both my 18 G main hard disk with "odd" formatting
and the 2k per block Fujitsu Magneto Optical disks I have. (My odd
formatting embeds the "RDBs" (Amiga's partition blocks) within the
first partition within reserved space just to prove it could be
done and make sure regarding how to make it safe.
I also played with that reserved area somewhat back in the mists of time.

I have, in the unbootable amiga yet, an amiga drive that was partitioned all for an earlier version of SFS (Before it went underground and eventually turned up commercially), and which I believe contains all of the ezcron and ezhome stuff Jim and I ever wrote. Where might I find this bit of magic for linux?

The idea is that if we ever could recover the real srcs, we'ed publish it under the GPL since any chance of deriving any income is long gone.

Sorry to butt in here, I dropped by looking for Amiga FFS (or Amiga SFS, which
will also do) partition mounting in FC5.

FWIW, I've got FC5 installed on my Peg2, and there is an ext2/ext3 FileSystem
for AmigaOS/ MorphOS someone wrote. Doesn't do everything yet, but it gives
warnings when it can not do something. I've got it working one way now: On
MorphOS I can read/write on my FC5 ext3 partition.

If I can get FC5 to read my FFS partition, that would be fine. Maybe I'll try
the SFS thing first. Anybody know where to find these?

wlamee

Unforch, I've not followed up on this, its been quite a ways down the priority list since I've been too busy with honeydoos and long trips to work on small market tv stations. Sorry.

--
Cheers, Gene