Re: Firefox - How to play wmv files?

On 15/10/06, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried video from cnn.com
larouchepac.com news.bbc.co.uk

The CNN page just pops the "No Windows Media Player Detected"
window, which takes you to M$ if you click on the button
The larouchepac.com videos pop an Opera dialog which asks what I
want to do - selecting "Open" opens mplayer, but, then nothing
happens
The BBC video popped the which media do you want to use dialog; I
tried realmedia first, but that produced an error message when it
tried to play the actual file; then, I changed it Windows Media,
and it didn't get past fully opening the play window before it
just stalled with the window half open

Yes, if you have any further insights, I'd be glad to hear them.

Did you write to CNN and the others? If you remind them that Linux
users also exist, they might start catering to us as well.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/
http://essentialinux.com/