Re: Firefox - How to play wmv files?

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 01:55 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sat October 14 2006 11:46 pm, Ric Moore wrote:
> > >
> > > I use the tarball version, it works a treat.
> >
> > http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/
> >
> > This works great for me. Best darn Firefox extension in
> > existance, IMHO! Ric
>
> You know, Ric, you kept talking about it, and
> mplayer/mplayerplug-in kept flaking out on me - it would work for
> a good while, and then, it would just quit - so I tried your
> suggested extension - it does seem to work well. No long delay on
> the CNN site, which has become my metric - that seems to be one
> of the harder ones -
>
> I have a question tho - when I click on a CNN video link, I now
> get three windows popping up in order to get the video - there's
> the video play window, there's the second video play window that
> appears when you click on the arrow, and there's an error
> message "Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6:" followed by a URL -
> I tried removing mplayerplug-in but that just leads me back to
> the old "Can't detect Windows Media Player present error dialog"
> so I reinstalled mplayerplug-in. I can live with the two popup
> windows to get snappy video playback, but are you also getting
> that mysterious message about AF_INET6?

Yup, but as long as I beat the bastards, I don't care. <chuckles> I'm
using Linux and seeing the videos. I've learned to live with the case.
I've come to realize that every darn Saturday my name server goes down
for some reason and I have to reboot the DSL modem, reboot the machine,
curse and swear at it a bit and finally after an hour or so of this
abuse, it comes back up. Same thing.

I live with it, sorry to say. It's Biblical as it passes all
understandings. Do I hear an Amen!?

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256