Re: Intel(r) Core™2 Duo Processors"

On 10/13/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I often have at least five programs open (Firefox, Kmail, amaroK,
Kopete, and F-Spot), and this 1.2 gHz AMD Duron machine, even with 1GB
of RAM, is dead-slow. Programs take forever to open, webpages take
forever to load.

I was recently thinking about upgrading to a cor duo, but decided not
to as my current p42.8 with a gig of ram is fast enough once things
are loaded.  I did some experiments and as far as I can tell the
still be the bottle neck.

--
Rob