Re: strange connection of port 500

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 18:33 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 17:36 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Ok, back to the saga of the DSL modem, I finally just caved in and
> > kept the DHCP connection with it port forwarding http to my machine on
> > port 80. It has been slow as hell
>
> Working out what to do, or data traffic has been slow?  What's the
> speeds with your DSL?  If it's ADSL, you might only have a slow outgoing
> speed.  Your ISP might throttle you, too.

Basically I had to go into services and poke a stick through the bars
like a chimp, turning things on and off, until it worked. Turning named
off did the trick. It would be great if there was one button to turn on
static service and another for DHCP. I like simple, so I can get to the
important stuff... like this. I know, I have no life. <cackles> Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/