strange connection of port 500

Ok, back to the saga of the DSL modem, I finally just caved in and kept
the DHCP connection with it port forwarding http to my machine on port
80. It has been slow as hell and checking the modem I'm finding another
service enabled to passthrough, here it is:

Service Name
IPSEC ALG
Type
Port Forwarding
Port 1

Protocol
TCP/UDP
Global Port(s)
500
Base Host Port
500
Port 2

Protocol
TCP/UDP
Global Port(s)
500
Base Host Port
500

Anyone know what that is?? I didn't set it. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/