Re: pre-release & general availibity release

Scott Berry wrote:

I am relatively new to Fedora how would I get the test release for my father's computerA? Do I just do a yum upgrade or will he need to visit a certain web site?

Extracted from the wiki should get you started. Though a personal note, the testing versions are rough. The name rawhide, which it is called is appropriate. You probably should stick the released versions until you get more familiar with Linux. If you dare, expect a lot of learning.

Excerpt:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution

Online Distributors

Anyone may distribute Fedora online, and there are several ways to help. If you have large pipes, you can provide a public mirror. To get started, see the bottom of the [WWW] mirror list. If you have only a consumer broadband connection, you might consider joining the [WWW] torrent.

Jim

Scott

--
My reason tells me that land cannot be sold - nothing can be sold but
such  things as can be carried away.              Black Hawk, (Saulk)