[OT]: Limited data transfer outside local network ..?

George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- "David G. Miller" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They finally sent a service tech out to check the
problem. Turns out a squirrel had chewed through part of cat5 line to the antenna. They replaced the line and I coated it with hot sauce (Cold Cap to be exact). Hopefully, the neighborhood squirrels don't
like spicy food.

Sorry but, a friend just pointed out that squirrels
and birds do not taste 'heat'.

Your friend is half correct. Birds do not "taste" pepper heat; mammals do. Could be that rodents such as squirrels also aren't affected but I'd be surprised. These folks:

http://www.hotbirdseed.com/html/history.html

have based their business on squirrels not liking hot stuff.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce