Re: Strange exim .include behavior

Nigel Wade wrote:
gdub wrote:

The trouble is with a particular
.include statement. It works find on the
Gentoo machines but not on the FC4.
[...]
failed to open included configuration file /var/local/mailconfig/local/localdelivery
[...]
The error occurs when I run exim with
-bV or -bh. But, when I start the exim daemon,
there is no error.

The even weirder thing is that if I move the
.include line from the transport section up
to the main section, it includes just fine
[...]
You might want to try asking this on the Exim mailing list,

Good suggestion. That's next.

I don't personally use .include so I can't help you. The only real difference between running in foreground and daemon mode is the user that Exim is running as. When in daemon mode Exim normally runs as exim.mail. Are you comlpetely sure that the permissions on that file are identical, at the group and world level, and that SELinux isn't getting in the way?

And that difference was my first suspect.

Since I started tracking it down, I've only
use chmod -R * and chown -R * on the entire config
dir struct--and giving rw to u,g,&o. Plus there's
the thing that it includes from the main config
section but not from the transport section.

But you're right, this is a Q: for the exim
list. I had just hoped that an FC4 user
might have seen it since it seems particular
to this Fedora box.

  -dub