Re: Is there a "yum re-install"?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

What I do when files are missing from a package is to run
rpm -e --justdb --nodeps <packagename>
to get rid of the database entry for the package. I then run
yum install packagename and answer yes to the yum prompt. This will
install the package and give you rpmnew or rpmsave files for important
configuration files that it encounters.

Thanks very much.
I followed your method,
which seemed the simplest and safest of those suggested,
and the missing files were indeed re-instated.

I'm glad it worked for you. Since I run the development release, I use the method often.
Jim

--
You can rent this space for only $5 a week.