Re: file image creation failed

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 20:28 +0100, Thufir wrote:
> where "is" this CD?  When I open the file browser I can click on the
> "computer" icon in the file browser, which displays several drives,
> including the disk in question.  However, I can't get the path to that
> disk out of the GUI file manager (nautilus?).

As gets frequently mentioned on this list, audio discs aren't mounted,
and won't appear in the directory tree.  However, the drive is referred
to via a device, whatever's in it, and that's the sort of information
that you'd use to configure audio ripping software.

e.g. /dev/cdrom or /dev/dvd

Have a look through your /dev/ directory, you'll see devices like that,
symbolically linked to IDE (e.g. /dev/hdc) or SCSI (e.g. /dev/scd..)
devices.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.