Re: Re: Re: VNC problem - now more understood - but a solution?

Mike Cohler wrote:

Hopefully more information can be obtained and a solution found.

I have been playing with this during the evening - I found that I can
work around this by vnc'ing in to the remote machine - and then going
into the kde control centre - Under peripherals by going to the
display section and then switching power management off, doing "Apply"
and then selecting power management on again then I can work with the
vnc session until I have finished and then disconnect.  The
screensaver will eventually come on and the remote system will return
to its powersave mode after the set time.

However it would be nicer to see a cleaner solution.

I wonder if this will still be the same under FC6 ?

--

mike cohler