Re: chroot to oldlinux to run legacy app, with X

Jack Byers     byersj@xxxxxxxxxxx

Copying the .Xauthority file saves you the need to open access to your X
server. (xhost +localhost)
Other then that, you just chroot into the 32bit Linux and execute the
command.

Gilboa

---
thanks  ,
I will try this to see that i still get X working this way, on my present 32 bit systems

1)Your reply didnt discuss my other  command
[root@bootp byers]# mount --bind /tmp /corni/tmp

which I find necessary to have X working on the chroot.

2)at the risk of repeating my original question:
I had heard that doing this chroot to another linux would run into some trouble
if going from 64 bit to 32 bit, or vice versa.

Do you know if this is true or not?
Have you actually done it without problems?

Jack