Re: skype problem with sound

Claude Jones wrote:

Installed the beta version - it's seems to have fixed the disconnect at connect problem. However, trying various combinations and permutations of your suggested mic settings doesn't produce audible audio on the other end of the call. I can connect, the other person sees that it's me, I can hear them, but, they can't hear me... Started playing with alsamixer to see it that would help, but it keeps locking up as soon as I select the mic to adjust. In KDE sound control, I've got it set to full duplex. I've tried the various capture options you suggested, Gene, but no cigar...

I can confirm that I experience similar symption on Debian Etch running the beta skype version. The mic just doesn't seem to work. I am using alsa in KDE and gnome.

->HS