Re: skype problem with sound

Claude Jones a écrit :
On Fri September 22 2006 11:43 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Friday 22 September 2006 23:37, Charles Curley wrote:

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:23:32PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Friday 22 September 2006 22:46, Claude Jones wrote:

The 1.3beta version of skype for linux is working quite
well for me, on two machines here.  If you don't have that
version, go get it, or I'd assume any even newer version
they may have for linux now.

I concur. Also the 1.3 beta has a test call option, which
lets you test stuff like mixer settings before you pester a
real person with testing.

AFAIK, all earlier versions also had that.  But since it
didn't work after oss was deprecated, there was a long period
during which skype and linux were mutually exclusive.

Installed the beta version - it's seems to have fixed the disconnect at connect problem. However, trying various combinations and permutations of your suggested mic settings doesn't produce audible audio on the other end of the call. I can connect, the other person sees that it's me, I can hear them, but, they can't hear me... Started playing with alsamixer to see it that would help, but it keeps locking up as soon as I select the mic to adjust. In KDE sound control, I've got it set to full duplex. I've tried the various capture options you suggested, Gene, but no cigar...

I had a similar problem that I just came to solve; maybe depends on the sound card.

When I played with alsamixer there were 3 "input devices" at the end that I was only able to change: mic-->cd-->front mic-->line

then pressing the "Tab" key I could change the level of these devices and now the input of my microphone is higher and I could succeed performing the Skype test.

You maybe can try...

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique