Re: how to use external USB DVD writer in FC5

Jim Cornette wrote:

I have a Lite-On external USB-DVD burner. No extra effort was required by me, in order to get the DVD burner to work. I just plugged in the device to a USB port.

You may need to add an entry to /etc/fstab which will allow users to mount the device using a directory that you assign. Also, there might be similar problems that were resolved in bugzilla reports. Your model DVD

Could you point me to the bugzilla reports?

writer may need an entry added for it to be recognized and working as it should with no extra steps, afterwards.

Jim

I could burn data using gnomebaker to the external dvd writer. But I am not sure who to mount it as a normal user, maybe I need the /etc/fstab entry. But isn't hal supposed to deal with the automatic mounting of these kind of removable devices?

thanks,
->HS