Re: error can''t find libpam.so.0 etc.

Todd Zullinger wrote:

anthony baldwin wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:
[...]
Boot the rescue CD in rescue mode.  Let the system mount the original
operating system.  Then:

	# chroot /mnt/sysimage
	# mount -a
	# /sbin/ldconfig -v
	# exit
	# exit

Pop out the CD and reboot the system.  That oughta do it.

But there is no /sbin/ldconfig
That's what it told me when I tried to run it before.

Did you run the first two commands that Rick mentioned?  The first
will change root to your FC5 system.  Without this you will be running
from the rescue disk and not all the commands you need are there.

Oh, okay, I get it.
That is why, of course, when I did pwd in rescue mode, I was in /tmp not in /, until I cd-ed into it. I''ve been using Linux, and mostly ONLY linux at home (hate windows. I booted this windows drive for the first time in over a year today...oh yeah, I had an iBook for a while and used OSX, too)
since, hmmm...RH7.1, but still, I am not expert, by far.
Still have much to learn.. Oddly, for most of the past three years, I haven''t even hung out on any lists,
because I''ve had no major problems I couldn''t solve myself.
Of course, maybe I should hang out to help others, but I generally don''t feel very qualified. I suppose I could assist as a sort of interpreter between the masters and the newbies, perhaps... I''ve done that before....Anyway, enough rambling...I''ve go to try this solution again, the right way....
Thanks

Thanks

Tony

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com - my translating & interpreting site