Re: Tvtime & Hauppauge Win TV Express problems

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 22:42 +0200, nigel henry wrote:
> I think I've broken Tvtime twice. On FC2, and then on Kubuntu.
>
> The TV tuner card is Hauppauge Win TV Express, and has a Conexant Fusion 878a
> chip.

Why not try a newer release of the OS?

I just installed a WinTV Go card on a box with FC5 and TVTime works
flawlessly.  I admit that I am in the US and thus using NTSC and not
SECAM but that is related to the tuner/driver and not the display.

> Tvtime is from Dag's repo, and is version-1.0.2-1.1.fc2.rf
>
> I put the card in the machine, an Aiii-Friend 1.3GHZ (Celeron) , with 1GB RAM.
> Installed Tvtime from Dag's repo onto FC2.
>
> All I got when running Tvtime was a blue screen, showing a "no signal",
> channel numbers, and that it was set for "Television".  Channel scanning
> produced nothing, even with messing with the menu, changing between PAL, and
> SECAM, and changing the frequencies between France, and Europe.

FC5 has tvtime in the core repo (at least for the x86_64 architecture)