Re: Textpad replacement in Linux

Marc wrote:
I have tried bluefish and found it to be good for some web editing stuff but not overall good for my needs. I use gedit a lot for simple stuff. I recently heard someone speak highly of vim outliner. Apparently it is something that plugs into vim and/or runs on top of it. From what I understand, if you learn it well, you can eventually use it to do lots of fast editing/writing/programming, etc. There is a learning curve with it, however. I am actually looking for something like that but more multiplatform. I want to be able to move from linux to windoze and work without slowing down (much). At least with regards to the application, not the os...

Have you tried Kate? I've found it to be very similar to TextPad.
--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator