Re: Textpad replacement in Linux

On Saturday 16 September 2006 18:58, linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Saturday 16 September 2006 13:52, Uno Engborg wrote:
> > I'm looking for something similar to the TextPad
> > (http://www.textpad.com) for windows program that can run on
> > Linux.
>
> In the GUI just use Kate, Kwrite, Kedit, VIM, Emacs, QuantaPlus,
> Openoffice.org these are just
> a few of the editors already installed or available for install
> on Linux.

As always, there is lots of choice in linux, though usually you have to make
choices about features, too.  The really good thing about Textpad is that it
had so many useful features, yet it was simple to learn.  I guess the UI was
just very well designed.

I suspect Uno will have to look again at his list of requirements and put them
in order of importance.  If he does that it may be possible to debate the
pros and cons of each editor against the list.

Anne