Re: OT: Inundated with bogus(?) warnings I'm infected

On Friday 15 September 2006 18:45, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 15 September 2006 18:48, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 15 September 2006 17:36, Mike McCarty wrote:
> > > I'll take two. Also, where can I get an automobile-
> > > mounted rocket launcher to take care of speeders
> > > weaving in and out of traffic and cutting me off
> > > when I try smoothly to enter a highway during
> > > rush hour?
> >
> > <ducking into an OT mode>
> > I want one rear-mounted, so that when I've pulled in to a soft bank in an
> > almost single-track road to allow the driver coming up-hill to pass, if
> > he can't be bothered to acknowledge me, I can blast him :-)
> >
> > (We have a lot of country roads round here, and a lot of people with no
> > manners.)
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne. I can see this turning into another long running thread like the
> "What is British" one. But it is the weekend after all, and time for a bit
> of relaxed posting.

:-)

> If you've pulled in to let this guy past, and he hasn't acknowleged you,
> you really need the forward facing ones,

Being well-mannered myself ;-) I give the benefit of the doubt as they
approach.  I'm quite prepared to accept a certain amount of concentration is
needed to position one's vehicle accurately.  By the time they are actually
passing me, I'm getting angry.  I'm not fussy about what kind of
acknowledgement, either.  A smile or nod will do if he daren't take a hand
off the wheel.

> but I can see the rearward facing
> ones being good for those idiots who are tailgating you on the motorway,
> highway, or autoroute, depending on which country you are in.

I do know that feeling, too.  It's far too common a problem.

Anne