Re: Lost my RAID

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:42:16 +0100, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Someone told me I would have to rebuild the array with mdadm, but I want
> to know if I would loose data doing so.
>
> You should just be able to re-add sdb1 to the array and it'll rebuild in
> the background. No data loss.

Thats what I'm seeing right now.

Now, the old entry of sdb1 is still in the md0, but with state removed.

(output of mdadm -D /dev/md0)

    Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
       0       8        1        0      active sync   /dev/sda1
       1       0        0        -      removed

       2       8       17        1      spare rebuilding   /dev/sdb1

Is that OK?