Re: Lost my RAID

Martin Marques wrote:
I have a Linux RAID1 on 2 SATA disks on a FC4. The problem is that we had issues with the disks (power cables had trouble) and now one of the disks gets kicked out of the RAID:

md: raid1 personality registered for level 1
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: considering sdb1 ...
md:  adding sdb1 ...
md:  adding sda1 ...
md: created md0
md: bind<sda1>
md: bind<sdb1>
md: running: <sdb1><sda1>
md: kicking non-fresh sdb1 from array!
md: unbind<sdb1>
md: export_rdev(sdb1)
raid1: raid set md0 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors
md: ... autorun DONE.

And later in the boot I have this:

md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: considering sdb1 ...
md:  adding sdb1 ...
md: md0 already running, cannot run sdb1
md: export_rdev(sdb1)
md: ... autorun DONE.

Someone told me I would have to rebuild the array with mdadm, but I want to know if I would loose data doing so.

You should just be able to re-add sdb1 to the array and it'll rebuild in the background. No data loss.

Try checking the status of the array:
# mdadm --detail /dev/md0

If it just shows sda1, you can add sdb1 back in straight away:
# mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb1

If it shows sdb1 as still being part of the array, you'll need to remove it first and then re-add it:
# mdadm /dev/md0 -r /dev/sdb1
# mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb1

You can then re-check the status and see sdb1 getting rebuilt:
# mdadm --detail /dev/md0

Paul.